August 28, 2010

Faster Gmail Search With CloudMagic



I use Gmail as my primary email service and while the search is robust, it's not nearly what it could be. I found CloudMagic via an article on Neowin.net and even I wasn't looking for an alternative search for my email, when I tried it out I fell in love with it. It's smart, intuitive and indexes emails quickly, making it a snap to set up and use.


It works for both Firefox and Google Chrome, though the Chrome version is what I have installed. Since I mostly work from a netbook, it's important that I maintain a certain level of screen real estate. The additional search box that CloudMagic adds does not interfere with how you browse your inbox in any way. In fact, one of the most valuable features of CloudMagic is that it can allow you to reference emails in entirely different conversation threads, all in the same tab. This is a godsend for small screens.

CloudMagic is completely free, so if you use Gmail as your main email client, do yourself a favor and try this out. After just a few searches and uses, you'll be asking yourself how you ever did without it.